Poplar OSB board is made of layered poplar strands which are bonded and pressed at hot temperature, in compliance with EN 300. The mattress is made of longwise strands on the external layers and crosswise strands into the internal layer. Thanks to the crosswise layered structure, the possibility of shrinking and swelling due to variations in humidity is highly reduced. Poplar OSB strands, obtained from debarked logs of poplar, are about 15-30 mm wide and a few tenths of a millimetre thick, much thinner than those used for standard OSB. Moreover it is well known that the board’s bending strength is inversely proportional to the thickness of the strand. Furthermore, the surface is much more uniform and quite smooth. Drying, which is necessary for an effective resin coating, is obtained through a low-temperature process that does not damage the thin strand and keeps the light colour which is one of the major qualities of an OSB board made from poplar. The sifting process sorts the strands according to the sizes required to form the different layers of the panel.
The resin coating overcomes the inefficiencies of the traditional process and allows the appropriate quantity of adhesive to be distributed where it is required. The formation of the mattress with three layers and the pressing process with injections of steam results in the finished board. Poplar + Technology = a Poplar OSB board complying with EN 300, lighter, more performing and more aesthetically pleasant.
- Excellent dimensional stability in difficult environmental conditions, thanks to the surface protection with melamine or phenolic films and to the supporting structure with cross layers.
- Excellent waterproof resistance thanks to the use of MDI resins in the core and of waterproofing phenolic and melamine resins for external faces.
- Extremely resistant to abrasion, thanks to the application of high quality protection films embedded in the panel by high pressure and high temperature.
- Easy to use because, since it is wood, it can be cut, pierced, shaped or fixed with standard equipment used by industries, craftsmen and end-users.
- Available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses.
- Versatile: it can be filmed with various kinds of finishing, both smooth and anti-slip, available in several colours.
- Very low formaldehyde emission: core glue resins and coating films contain very little formaldehyde.
- Low environmental impact: because it is produced with plantations wood, and reusable.
- Economical and multifunctional.
According to EN 120
530 ± 15% kg/m3.
1220*2440 mm, thicknesses: 9, 12, 15, 18, 30 mm